From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Kangazha is a panchayath and village in the Changanacherry Taluk of the Kottayam District of Kerala State in India. It is a beautiful place with a serene atmosphere and is situated 26 kilometers east of Kottayam. It lies midway between the backwaters of Western Kerala and the misty mountains of the Western Ghats. It is a small village with all facilities having so many nature loving kindhearted, generous and educated people, and is an ideal place for peaceful life.
The nearest railway stations are Kottayam (26 km) and Changanacherry (22 km), and the nearest Airport is Cochin Airport (Nedumbasserry) about 75 km away. Kangazha is on the Changanassery - Vazhoor state highway which joins Kottayam - Kumaly NH at Pulickalkavala on the north side and on the Karukachal Manimala road on the east side.
Meaning of kangazha
Kanva,the father of Shakuntala had visited kangazha and he stoned the sivalinga in kangazha.And thus the term kanvaya which was referred to point this incident become the name of this village and later kanvaya had reestablished as kangazha.
Educational institutions in Kangazha
- Theophilus College of Nursing, the first Self Financing Nursing College in the private sector in Kerala
- P. Geevarghese School of Nursing
- P.G.M. College, Arts & Science
- Baselios Higher Secondary School
- School of Medical Laboratory Technology], MGDM Hospital
- Devaswam Board High School [DBHS], Kangazha.
- Muslim Higher Secondary School Kangazha
- kangazha devaswam Vivekananda Vidya Mandiram, Edayirikapuzha
- St. Thomas School
- Little Flower Vidyanikethan, Mundathanam, Kangazha
- Bethany Christian English Medium School.Mundathanam,Kangazha.
- C.M.S. High school Kanam
- GramaSwaraj public Library, Edayaricapuzha
- Panchayat Library, Pathanadu
- Nethaji Public Library, Rannettupara
- Navabharat library,puthuvakunnu
Major religious places
- Kangazha Sree Mahadeva Temple: for the worship of Lord Siva Mahadevar
- Pathanadu Devi Temple
- Kangazha puthoorpalli mosque: place or worship for Muslims
- St. Ignatius Syrian Jacobite Church in neighbouring Kanjirapara. Also known as "Madappattu Palli".
- Mar Elia Chapel, Syrian orthodox church are resting
- Kadayanickadu Sree Bhagavathi Temple
- St. Thomas Orthodox Church, Kangazha: a big parish for Christians in the area
- Uma-Maheswarar Temple Edayirikapuzha
- Elankavu Sree Devi Bhadrakali Temple,charamparampuputhuvakunnu
- Muneerul Islam [Madrasa], Edayirikapuzha, a place for religious studies
- Religious education centre [Mathapadasala], NSS Karayogam, Kangazha
- I.P.C EBENEZER CHURCH, MUNDATHANAM (One of the Oldest Indian Pentecostal Churches, planted by Pr. K.E. Abraham)
- ST.Antony's Church - Myladi, Kangazha
- Sree Dharma Sasta Temple (Balasastavu), Kadayanickadu
- St.Antony's Catholic Church - Mundathanam
- SDA Church - Mundathanam
- St.Gegorios chappel sraippally, ranneettupara.
- Hidayathul islam Madrasah,charamparampu.
- Famous shivaparvathy temple 'http://www.anikkattilamma.com away from 10 k.m.
- M.G.D.M. Hospital, one of the oldest multi-speciality community referral hospitals in Kerala
- Sree Rangom CVN Kalari Chikilsa Kendram, Champakara, Karukachal, Kottayam, One of the oldest Ayurvedic/Kalari/Traditional Treatment Centres - Champakara, Karukachal Founder: Sri.K.Gopinatha Kurup
- BK Nature Cure Center Edayaricapuzha
- Govt. Ayurveda Clinic, Pandiyamkuzhy
- Govt. Primary Health Centre, Edayirickapuzha
Rubber Trees in a Plantation
The economy of Kangazha is primarily from agriculture. Kangazha is one of the rubber producing villages in Kerala. The hilly terrain, high humidity and good rain make it suitable for rubber cultivation. Other major crops are coconut, tapioca and pepper. NRIs are also another major source of income.
Important Personalities from Kangazha Village
A.K Abdul Kareem ( URDU SIR )MHSS Kangazha Smt.Rosamma Thomas,Ex Kangazha Panchayath Member T.H. Haris Muhammed L.L.B Thakadiyel Pathanadu Shaiju Hassan, Secretary MSS Kangazha M.K.Nilakantan Nair, Ex-HM, DBHS, Kangazha Mohan.D.Kangazha, Novelist File:Vettamala pareeth rawther.jpg vettamala pareethu rawther K.S.Money, IAS, Secretary General, National Human Rights Commission, New Delhi, India Kadayinickadu Purushothaman Pillai,Ex-MLA/Politician/Advocate. C Moideen Rawther, Kochuthundiyil (Karamala] Kanakku Eashwarya Pillai Narayana Pillai(late), Nadukkemuriyil (Ex-Travancore Excise Dept, Kerala) C.P.Vasu Pillai, Chiravalunkal [Ex-Indian Army] M.N.Balachandran Pillai(late), Nadukke Muriyil (Ex-Kerala Police) C.V.Radhakrishna Pillai(Late), Chiravalunkal [Ex-Senior Scientist, VSSC, Trivandrum, Kerala, India] C.V.Reghunath, Chiravalunkal Thampy Rawther, Cheriyil Hari Sir, Putrasseril Jayaprakash Madappattu [Journalist] Rajesh mohan[AE IN TBD],Manthrickal P.G.Haridas Pillai, (Ex-KSRTC)Puthenpurackel House K.Vikraman Pillai (K.V.Pillai), Nadukke Muriyil House (General Manager[Administration/LA], National Highways Authority of India, New Delhi) Rev.Fr.Thakadiel S. Simon Rev.Fr.V.T.Scaria,Vayalappallil Jose Peediyeckal Vayalappallil Thomas sir(late) P J Thomas [Mamamkam Appukuttan] K.S.Govindan Nair (Kunjappapillai Njaliyedathu) vettamala pareethu rawther Prof. Rajan V.Thomas, Vayalappallil Thazhathedathu Kunjumuhammed Rawther Vadakkerattu Yusuf Rawther Chittettu Ponnappan Pillai [Sankara Pillai] Elackattu Chellappan Pillai Elanjattu Vasu Nair Chirakunnel Vaidhyan Sadasivan Pillai [Thankappan] V K Damohdaran Nair Chanakapoyikayil (Theckemuriy Kangazha Vasudevan [Mrudangist] Kizhakel Kunjachen K.P Jacob Kooranthara K.V Thomas Kannanchira Prakash n kangazha Soman sir elakkattu Binuraj.S Asianet news Advocate A.K.P Pillai(elakattu) Aby p kuriakose M Com MBA B.Ed Puthuparampil devagiri ( H S S T Commerce, M G H S S Thumpamon 9446639815) Jinsmon C.P (Christian Writer) C.P Thomas(Missionary, Rajasthan) Mr. Arjun G Nair ( B.com, MBA + PROJECT & MARKET RESEARCH (ASM, ARVIND MILLS, BANGALORE) Kidarakuxhiyil Narayana Pillai (Kannan) Thampi Vandanathuvayalil( Pandiankuzhi Grocery store) Kuzhikkattu Sankaran Vydyan (Late - Puthupparapil & Santhi Bhavan), K.S. Viswanatha Panicker (Late- Ex President SNDP Kangazha, Ex Kerala State Organizing Seceretary -ConsumerProtection Association), Karimalakkuzhi Thampi Rawather, Rev. Shaju Thakadiel Simon, Mani Konithara, P.S.Soman ( Pastor ) , Parackal , Elackadu . kassim rawther mazhavancheril,(late)kasim, shaji mazhavancheril,puthuvakunnu, Shri Mathew John IRS. Puthupparambil, commissioner of Customs. Shri P.T.Joseph Pallithazhe Muscut Shri P Abraham, Pallithazhe, G.M (Rtrd) IDBI. salim, mazhavancheril
charitable institutions in Kangazha
- Bulleted list item
CHARITABLE INSITUTIONS 1.The Muslim Service Society (M.S.S) Kangazha is a social and educational organisation working in Kangazha in Kottayam District Kerala(INDIA).
The MSS Kangazha unit was formed on 31 October 2004. It has on its rolls
eminent scholars, educationalist, doctors, engineers, lawyers, industrialists, businessman, social workers and general public.
The main objective of the Society, which has no political affiliation, is the overall uplift of the people in general and the Muslims of Kangazha and surrounding in particular.
The M.S.S has, as its main and foremost objective, the overall development, progress and well- being of the poor people irrespective of cast/creed and of the Muslims in Kangazha.
Its mission includes among other things, the rehabilitation and uplift of the deserving poor, hitherto totally neglected and discarded by the society.
Besides, the Society has plans and programes to provide proper initiative and guidance in all spheres of social activities and to give them proper motivation leading to Islamic way of life.
The Society is at present running a number of Free Medical Aid Camps, Finishing Schools, Educational training, job oriented training courses, career training courses etc.
It helps poor and brilliant students by awarding scholarships, and free distribution of books/bags and dress.
M.S.S conducts many noteworthy relief activities for the benefit of the downtrodden sections of the community at large.
At present MSS Kangazha unit feeds more than 40 poor families(Hindus/Muslims/Xians) around kangazha. They are provided with the rice and provisions freely every month.
A brief note on the main function of M.S.S is as given below.
1. Educational Scholership
2. Blood donation
3. Unified Vuluhiat in Kangazha
4. Tailoring Training Centre
5. Haj Services
6. Fither Sakat Distribution
7. Medical Camps
8. Ambulance Service
9. Free Wheel Chair
10. Free Medicines to poor
12. Educational Seminars
13. Careear Guidance Programmes
14. PSC Test Training
15. Educational Awards
16. Public Well construction
17. Milad Meet
18. House to poor
At present our office is working in the a small room provided by the Kangazha Muslim Jama-at.
Now we are proposed to construct an Office cum Cultural complex and Training Centre. One noble person from kangazha give 10 cents of land (at Pathanadu Kangazha) free of cost by the side of Karukachal-Manimala Road.
Till now offer of nearly 3 Lakh Rupees has received from various ends at kangazha. We need 20 Lakhs to complete the building.
Our Current Account No. is 5705 4769 049
State Bank of Travancore,
Edayirikapuzha Branch, Kottayam District, KERALA.
For further details Pl. contact Secretary MSS Kangazha unit
call 91 9446 374948
- Bulleted list item
2.KAARUNYA MEALS DISTRIBUTING PROJECT -which was established as an initiative to supply meals for the poor patients in Edayirikapuzha primary health center in all wednesdays.It was organised by PUNARJANI PURUSHA SWAYAM SAHAYA SANGHAM,puthuvakkunnu,kangazha.This project was started on 01-01-2011.Many wholehearted peoples of kangazha village are giving funds for carrying out this programme.
This project was started from a thought of 20 villagers.This was introduced as an idea of giving food during the illness.
We need help from our wholehearted peoples to carry out this project.
For further details Pl. contact convener KARUNYA PROJECT
call 91 9946466490
- South Indian Bank
- State Bank of Travancore, Vettamala Building, Pathanadu
- State Bank of India
- Central Bank of India
- Kottayam Distt Co-op Bank Ltd.
- Kangazha Service Co-operative Society Ltd.
- Teachers' Co-operative Society Ltd.
Distances from nearby towns
- ^ SUJITH SUKUMSR (MOBILE PLANET)
- ^ shejin m shaji