|Industry||Healthcare Technology, Medical Software|
|Headquarters||Johnstown, PA, United States|
|Key people||Shawn Long, CEO
Richard Sukenik, CFO
Chris McCain, CIO
|Products||Electronic Medical Record, Electronic health record, Practice management software|
MedcomSoft is a leading developer of interoperable software tools for the ambulatory care environment. Its flagship product, MedcomSoft Record 5.0, is a comprehensive, integrated software suite that enables physicians to automate the majority of tasks required to manage practices and patients. By building the suite around a robust electronic medical record (EMR) - also known as an electronic health record (EHR)- MedcomSoft has recognized that data captured at the point of care truly drives the business of medicine.
MedcomSoft's name is a bi-capitalized portmanteau of "medical communication software", and is often abbreviated as MCSR. The corporate slogan, "The Interoperable EMR," reflects the corporate mission: to provide clinicians actionable, intelligent data at the point of care, increasing their efficiency and the quality of care they deliver.
MedcomSoft Purchased in February 2009 by (ECP) Company Founded in 1996 by Shawn Long is a US based Software and Medical Billing Service company - - maintaining headquarters in Johnstown, Pennsylvania (U.S state)
On February 2, 2009 ECP a US based company purchased the remaining assets of Medcomsoft Inc. which included the product called Medcomsoft Record. ECP was the leading MedcomSoft reseller for the past 5 years prior to the acquisition.
MedcomSoft Record is a fully interoperable, fully integrated clinical automation suite including:
- Electronic Medical Record System
- Practice Management System
- Provider Order Entry
- Document Management System
- Referral and Authorization Management
- Disease Management and Health Maintenance Systems, and
- Tools for inter-office workflow, clinical decision support, coding and compliance checking.
All of the functionality is supported by a single, stable database.
Embedded with MEDCIN, the world's most powerful point-of-care vocabulary, MedcomSoft Record produces fully structured and numerically codified patient charts that enable the aggregation, analysis, and extensive mining of all clinical and data. Using MedcomSoft Record, healthcare providers can effectively track the progression of a condition or disease and easily and securely exchange detailed patient clinical information to ensure appropriate continuity of care. The results is the world's first truly interoperable EMR and intelligent disease management system.
Awards and Certifications
- First week of February 2011-MedcomSoft Record 5.0
- On July 18, 2006,MedcomSoft Record, was awarded CCHIT Certification against 2006 criteria when CCHIT released its first list of 20 certified ambulatory EMR and EHR products 
5-Star AC Group
On December 12, 2006 MedcomSoft received the AC Group's top marks in its recent survey for PMS or EHR ratings for 2006. The AC Group Survey on Health Care software is responded to by almost 80 vendors in the market. It consists of 47 categories and over 2000 specific functionality related questions. The 5-Star rating that MedcomSoft achieved is the AC Group's 'confidence factor,' which indicates the AC Group's confidence in the vendor's reported rankings. A vendor with a 5-Star confidence level designates that the product has been tested and that the AC Group believes that more than 90% of the vendor's answers have been validated. 5
#1 in KLAS Ratings
On December 15, 2007, MedcomSoft Record received the number 1 ranking in the ambulatory EMR 1-5 physicians category in KLAS' 2007 year-end report card. KLAS independently monitors vendor performance through the active participation of thousands of healthcare organizations. Providers use these ratings to help them make the best possible purchasing and negotiating decisions. KLAS uses a stringent methodology to ensure all data and ratings are accurate, honest and impartial. Companies that participate in the KLAS survey must have a participating client base large enough to produce statistically significant results.
- Goltra, Peter S. MEDCIN: A New Nomenclature for Clinical Medicine. Ann Arbour, MI 1997:Springer-Verlag ISBN 0-387-94953-4.
- Electronic health record
- Electronic medical record
- Practice Management
- Certification Commission for Healthcare Information Technology - CCHIT Certified Products
- ^ Certification Commission for Healthcare Information Technology: CCHIT Certified Ambulatory EHR 2007 Retrieved June 2, 2008
- ^ Certification Commission for Healthcare Information Technology (July 18, 2006): CCHIT Announces First Certified Electronic Health Record Products Retrieved July 26, 2006